PAT Testing:
Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) is an integral part of health and safety policies in the workplace. The 1999 Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations act states that for an appliance to be tested, it must be done so by a qualified person using calibrated Portable Appliance Testing Equipment.
The Electricity at Work Regulations hold employers responsible for the well being of their staff by ensuring that employers take reasonable measures to ensure electrical equipment is safe. Regular period inspection and testing therefore must take place to maintain the safety of employees.

Property Re-Wires:
If the need for a property re-wire (full or part) is required then a quotation can be accurately given
We prefer to inspect the property, to ensure we can provide not only an accurate assessment but , also a fixed price quotation which, often, is less than a calculative / conservative estimate


Let us:-
Replace your perished and dangerous wiring
Upgrade your main earthing and bonding to services
Install latest split load consumer units
Install Residual Current Devices (RCD’s) as required & for added protection
Create extra diversity to the installation
Correctly identify all circuits
Finally, of course,

Minor Electrical Works

(Alterations, Additions & Improvements)
We shall be pleased to advise upon your individual requirements for any alterations, additions or revisions to your existing installation.
Additional / re-positioning of power sockets
Additional / re-positioning of lighting
Shower circuits
New or extended circuits to new extensions
New or extended circuits to building alterations
All additional works will be completed to comply with present regulations and any necessary certificates completed and issued including part P registration if required.

Alarm Systems:

An extensive variety of alarm systems can be offered to suit you need:-
Such systems can include:
Passive Detectors
Dual Technology Detectors
Door Contacts
Vibration Sensors
Panic Buttons
Internal Sirens
External Sirens, bells & Strobes
Systems that can be altered and extended should the need arise
Systems tailored to you needs
Up grade existing systems

Landlord certificates:
Landlords must ensure their property is safe for all tenants by receiving a ‘Periodic Inspection Report for an Electrical Installation’, which must be carried out every five years. Our certified electricians are able to examine your property and come to a conclusion of whether the electrical wiring meets health and safety regulations. This report that is issued will be able to prove that your all-electrical installations of the property are safe.

We also carry out PAT testing for all portable appliances that landlords provide their tenants with. It is advised that PAT testing is to be completed yearly to ensure all electrical devises are safe for use. We have years of experience in testing both domestic and commercial premises and we provide a reliable and comprehensive inspection and testing service to all of our customers. Under the Health and Safety at work act 1974 employers are responsible for ensuring that workers and members of the public are safe in the work place. This includes electrical safety. Whether you are buying a new home or ensuring that your business premises are electrically safe, we have the ability to provide Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) as well as emergency lighting and landlord certificates.

Buying or selling a property? Renting it as tenant or landlord?

Is it safe?
A safety inspection of the electrical installation is usually the last thing anyone thinks about. After all, the lights switch on and off – what more do you need to know? But down the years all sorts of bodgers may have had a hand in the wiring of your property, and in the not-too-distant future insurers and mortgage lenders will be asking to see an electrical safety certificate.

We offer two levels of inspection:
i – a basic check which provides an expert opinion on the state of the installation and highlights any areas of obvious concern.
ii – a comprehensive safety inspection which includes full testing of all circuits to identify any problems that may be in store.

Home Safety:
Every year in UK homes, about 70 people die and 350,000 are seriously injured from electrical accidents.
Electrical fires account for almost half of accidental house fires – over 21,000 a year, and 2.5 million British adults say they have experienced an electric shock at home.
Approximately nine out of ten (89%) electrical fires are caused by electrical appliances, mainly through their misuse.
The ESC offers simple advice to help you to keep yourself, your loved ones and your homes safe from electrical accidents and fires.

Domestic hazards
There are numerous potential electrical hazards in your home. We have listed some of them along with some simple suggestions to keep your home a safer place.

Flexible leads – what condition are they in? Damaged insulation increases the risk of the cable overheating and catching fire. It also increases the risk of electric shock. If the cable is damaged, replace it.
Hanging pictures on walls or partitions – without hitting pipes or cables. Hitting a live cable with a drill or nail is dangerous and could cause an electric shock, a fire or burns.
Do not drill holes or fix nails in walls or partitions where you are unsure what is behind the plaster. A cable and pipe detector can help you identify where cables and metal pipes lie in the wall.
Making electrical equipment safe – always unplug for peace of mind. Simple maintenance, like changing a belt on the vacuum cleaner, should only be attempted when it’s unplugged. This prevents the risk of injury from electric shock, hot or rotating parts. If parts have become hot while running, let them cool before you touch them.
Just use your common sense and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Electric shavers plugged into shaver sockets, which comply with the relevant British Standards, may be used safely. But don’t do it while you are taking a bath, as water and electricity don’t mix, and you might end up with a closer shave than you’d like.
Make sure the adaptor is in good condition, doesn’t get hot and has no burn marks on it. If it is damaged, replace it with a new one.
Having a separate socket for each item you want to plug in is always the safest bet.
Always use a registered electrician.
Light fittings – overheating can be dangerous. Using a bulb with a higher wattage than its light fitting can lead to overheating e.g. 100 Watt bulb in 60 Watt lighting fitting. This may result in a scorched shade, the lampholder crumbling when touched, or even fire.
Install the correctly-rated bulb and you won’t risk it overheating. You could save on electricity too. Even better, fit a low-energy bulb, which lasts around eight times longer than a normal tungsten bulb.
Always use a registered electrician to replace any damaged parts.
Damaged sockets, switches, or anything electrical – beware. These can create electric shocks, burns or worse, fire. Always check burn marks, sounds of buzzing or crackling, fuses blowing, circuit breakers tripping or excessive heat. Have a registered electrician fix it before it breaks – or worse.
Ventilation holes in electrical equipment – they are there to stop over-heating. If these slots get covered up, the equipment may catch fire. Never dry clothes by placing them over the ventilation slots of an electric heater. Wet clothes dripping onto any live electrical parts can create electric shocks and fire hazards. Always keep water away from electricity.
Never cover the back of a computer monitor. Likewise electric convector heaters when covered may overheat and cause fire. It’s simple. Keep ventilation slots open.

Pulling the plug out of a socket – there’s a right way and a wrong way. Pull the plug not the cable. That way you won’t damage or strain the wires. A loose wire may cause overheating, whereas a loose green and yellow earth wire could cause you to be electrocuted. Prevention is always better than cure. So press the socket’s switch ‘off’ (where there is one) grip the plug and pull it out being careful not to touch the plug’s pins.